Saturday 2 May 2015

How To Manage Acne + My Skincare Routine

Hello everybody!

First I'd like to thank you guys for 50+ Bloglovin' followers! It means so much that people want to read and enjoy my posts :) lots of love to you guys! xx

I have oily skin that is prone to acne, but recently, my skin has improved greatly and I am slowly eliminating the acne on my face. I mostly have it on my forehead but I also have some spots around my nose. I have had a lot of practice when it comes to managing acne, and I have quite a few tips when it comes to managing and controlling acne. 

How To Manage Your Acne:

  ~ Don't touch your face! This is never good - it can lead to bleeding pimples and more breakouts! 

~ If you do have a bleeding pimple, apply a waterproof spray band-aid onto a photo 

  ~ Don't use too many products at once; this can lead to your skin "freaking out" and breaking out.

  ~ Just because you have oily skin, doesn't mean you shouldn't moisturise. If you don't moisturise, your skin dries out and produces more oil, causing more pimples. 

  ~ Test out a new skincare routine for 4-8 months before deciding whether to keep it or change it. This gives it a chance to fully work.


  ~ Drink water! This sounds very simple, and it is, but it is very important and makes a HUGE difference. Drinking water flushes the bad toxins out of your system, keeps your healthy and hydrates your skin. 

~ Choose the right moisturizer! People often think that it's makeup that clogs your pores - which it does, but not as much as moisturizer. Makeup is made to sit on your skin, where-as moisturizer is meant to sink into your skin. Make sure your moisturizer doesn't clog your pores. 

  ~ Don't pile on the makeup! I used to wear concealer over every single pimple every single day, but once I eased up on the makeup, my skin has thanked me. My pimples are clearer because I'm not blocking my pores with makeup. I also don't wear pressed powder because I found that it was blocking my pores and causing many "under the skin" spots. I'm not saying you should ditch the makeup all together, but make sure you aren't over doing it and you are removing it properly at the end of each day. 


I currently have a stable and effective skincare routine, so I'll share it with you guys.


Every morning, I was my face with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne face wash, and it is really refreshing in the morning because it smells like fruit and its easy to apply and wash off. After washing my face, I use 1 pump of the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser for combination skin all over my face and neck. Then I apply Maybelline FitMe concealer under my eyes, avoiding my pimples.


Every night, I wash my face with the Clean and Clear Advantage Pimple Control Cleanser. I love this product; since I started using it, my spots have been smaller and less red. After my shower I use the same moisturiser as before. 


Once a week I use the Sukin Revitalising Facial Scrub. This brand is really good because it is paraben and sulfate free, it's packaging is recyclable and the product feels amazing on your skin. It is, however, an Australian brand, so I don't think you can purchase it in-store in other countries. 


If I'm ever really hot or feeling flushed, I use the Formula 10.0.6 Keep Your Cool Breakout Calming mask. Normally I use this after I have dance, because that is when my face is flushed and my spots are more red then normal. 


When I wear sunscreen on my face, I wear the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face sunscreen. This sunscreen doesn't feel thick at all, and it doesn't make your face super matte, but it doesn't add to the shine on your face either. 


Bye for now!

Spring Baby aka Jess xx


No comments:

Post a Comment