Saturday 16 May 2015

My Fortune Cookie

On Wednesday night, I went out to a Chinese restaurant with my family for my sister's birthday. The food was delicious by the way. After we paid the bill, we were given fortune cookies. If you are unfamiliar with fortune cookies, they are little biscuits that act as a container for a little slip of paper that tells you your fortune in a quote-ish way. 

I am not superstitious, nor do I believe that fortune cookies can actually tell the future, but my fortune cookie really got me thinking. 


It read:

'Don't hesitate... Go after what you seek'

It's pretty much saying that you should grasp every opportunity, take a leap of faith and work to get what you want without hesitation. Whether 'what you seek' is money, love, a job or something completely different, this quote applies to you.

Young people are often so ambitious; they have so many dreams. If you ask a small child what they want to be when they are older, they will probably say something like, "I want to be a doctor," or "I want to catch robbers and be a police" or even "I will be a princess who will marry a handsome king". (I was the last one as a child haha.) See how ambitious they are? This kid may grow up to be an adult who hates their job. 

That is why you should keep the tip inside the cookie in mind. If not, then you will regret not following your dreams. Next time you pass an opportunity, 'don't hesitate... go after what you seek'.

No comments:

Post a Comment