Monday 20 July 2015

How To Keep Healthy

Hello everyone,

Recently, I've had trouble keeping motivated to stay healthy. It's the middle of the year, the start of a new term and I always feel like eating junk and I feel to busy to exercise. So if you want to keep motivated and healthy, keep reading! I hope these tips help you as much as they helped me.


1. Have a Motivation Folder

One of the hardest parts about exercising and being healthy, is getting motivated. I made a photo folder on my phone called 'Motivation' and filled it with photos of yummy healthy food, flexible ballerinas and quotes. Looking through this makes me super motivated to exercise and eat healthily. 

2. Handle The Cravings

We always have cravings, sweet and salty. Mine are usually sweet cravings but I will be sharing recipes to handle sweet and salty cravings.

Something I love having when I am craving something sweet, is a smoothie. In my smoothies, I put half a cup of plain greek yoghurt, one cup of light milk and one cup of frozen blueberries. You can modify this or add whatever fruits you like (but I'd stay away from citrus as it may curdle the milk). 

If you are craving something salty, I would suggest having crackers with toppings such as cheese, tuna or hummus. I personally prefer cheese on my crackers.

If you are feeling a little peckish and you want a healthy snack that isn't too big or filling, fruit is the way to go. You can eat it with something, like apple and peanut butter, or carrots and dip, or you could have it plain. 

3. Exercise with Music

Music makes everything more fun in my opinion, and this applies to working out. Create a playlist of songs that are up beat and make you want to dance, and make it the length of your usual workouts. I have a playlist that is 90 minutes, and when the music stops, I stop exercising/stretching. 

4. Find The Right Time

Some people prefer exercising in the morning, some prefer in the evening, and some exercise late at night. Finding a time of day to workout adds structure to your workout routine and that can help you to remember to exercise. I like working out in the morning, but because of school I usually workout in the afternoon. Anytime of day is fine as long as it suits your schedule. I even have a friend who stretches in the middle of the night when she can't sleep! 

I hope you found this post useful - even writing this motivated me! 

Bye for now,

Spring Baby aka Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment