Tuesday 8 September 2015

Pastry Stars // Recipe

Hello everyone,

So I was "experimenting" in the kitchen the other day and I ended up baking these super cute, super yummy pastry stars. I enjoyed making (and eating) them, so I thought I should share the recipe with you guys.


You will need: 

  Two sheets of puff pastry
●  A star (or other shaped) cookie cutter
●  Frozen blueberries
●  1/8 cup of milk
●  1/8 cup or icing sugar (plus some for dusting at the end)
●  1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence

How to make:

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
2. Let the pastry thaw until it can be easily cut with the cookie cutter. This will     probably take a few minutes.
3. When the pastry has thawed, use the cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the pastry.
4. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, layer the pastry into 3 layers, making sure to line up the edges.
5.Remove the 3rd (top) layer of pastry, cut a blueberry sized hole in the middle and place back on the other layers.
6. Mix the milk, vanilla essence and icing sugar to make a glaze.
7. Using a pastry brush, brush the glaze over the pastry (before the blueberries go on!).
8. Place one blueberry into the hole in each of the little pastries.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden and puffed up.
10. Dust with icing sugar before serving. 


These are really yummy, easy to make and look like lots of time and effort was spent making them. These would be a great food to serve at a party, picnic or even as a gift! If you make these, I'd love to see! My twitter is @jessw0611, and even though I don't tweet much, if you send me a photo I would really like to see :)

Bye for now,

Spring Baby aka Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment