Tuesday 1 September 2015

Purple Smokey Eyes // Eye Makeup Tutorial

Hello everyone,

I love experimenting with bold makeup, especially eyeshadow. I attempted a purple smokey eye and it turned out better than expected, so I thought I'd share it with you guys. (Ignore how messy the palettes are - I forgot to wipe the glitter excess)



First I used the second lightest colour from the Revlon ColourStay eyeshadow palette in Blushed Wines as a pinky under-toned base colour all over my lid. Then, I applied the pinkest colour from the Rimmel Glam Eyes eyeshadow palette in Purple Reign on top of the base colour. 

In my outer corner, I applied the medium shade of purple from the Rimmel eyeshadow palette and blended it into my crease. 

In my crease, I used the darkest colour from the Rimmel eyeshadow palette and smoked it out. I also used this colour under my lower lash line from the outer side into the middle. 

Using the white from the Rimmel eyeshadow palette I highlighted my brow bone and applied it in my tear duct to brighten my eyes. I also brought it under my lower lash line to meet with the dark purple. I blended it out afterwards to make it a bit softer and make it blend better. 

To finish I just reapplied some of the lightest colour of the Rimmel eyeshadow palette in my inner corner to make the colour a bit brighter. 


When wearing this look, I suggest reapplying concealer afterwards as the glittery fallout does get everywhere. 

I was actually half blinking in this, but it showed the eyeshadow nicely so I left it in :)
This is a very bold look, let me know in the comments what occasion you would wear this look too! Also, what makeup look would you like me to try next?

Bye for now,

Spring Baby aka Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment