Tuesday 6 October 2015

Enhancing Your Natural Beauty // My Tips

Hello everyone,

I was inspired by Glossier to create a post about ways that I enhance my features without covering up, hiding or changing how I look. I believe that makeup is best used for enhancing features, such as your cheekbones for example, rather than used to modify how you look and change your appearance drastically. I like using the term "less is more" when it comes to makeup - that's my personal preference. I'm always about keeping it natural.





My first product I use when enhancing my natural looks, is concealer. My favourite concealer is the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, it has good coverage and blends really nicely. I rarely apply concealer over blemishes such as my acne, I only use concealer vary sparingly, only under my eyes to brighten my face, conceal my genetic under eye circles and make me look more awake.


With mascara, my go to is probably the Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express, as it isn't clumpy if you don't go overboard with it and it makes your eyelashes look very long and curled. With mascara, I only use 1 or 2 coats, to avoid getting all my eyelashes stuck together or clumpy and keeping my look as natural as possible. Clumpy lashes are not a good look, so use mascara if you want, but don't use too much. Avoid clumpy lashes at all costs!





I think bronzer is a great product for enhancing your features, as when used in small amounts it is good at contouring your face. Don't use too much, and don't apply it where your face isn't contoured. This can look rather over done, quite unnatural and changes how you look. Enhance, don't change your looks. You're beautiful, don't hide that. (That may sound clich̩ but it's true РI promise :) )





Tinted lip balm is another great product for achieving a natural, subtle and pretty lip colour. Maybelline Baby Lips is my favourite brand when it comes to tinted lip balm, and recently I've been loving the Baby Lips ElectoPop in Oh! Orange for a pretty, subtle, coral orange colour for my lips.





Your eyebrows can very easily enhance your beauty or drastically change your look, be very careful when tweezing them yourself! Eyebrows frame your face, and your natural eyebrow shape is suited to your face shape, so don't change them too much. That's why you should always make sure that when you shape and tweeze your eyebrows (or when you get a professional to do it), keep them the same shape that they were originally, just neater and more defined. Disclaimer: It's ok if you don't have your eyebrows done or you don't want to do them, it's okay for that to be your personal choice. Some people choose to have them done, others choose not too, and both these choices are totally fine!


Last but not least, moisturiser. Don't forget to moisturise! Even with oily skin you still need to moisturise. If you have oily or blemish-prone skin, you can purchase moisturisers suited to your skin. Any kind of skin type, for example dry, oily or combination, there are moisturisers available for your type. I have oily skin, so I use the Neutrogena Oil Free moisturiser. Moisturising will keep your skin looking healthy, hydrated and glowing. This means you may not want or need to use a heavy layer of foundation every day and you can keep your skin more natural. 

I hope you enjoyed this post! Check out Glossier's skincare products for products that can help you to enhance your natural beauty. 

Bye for now,

Spring Baby aka Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment